Saturday, July 11, 2009

Oily Skin - Smashbox Photo Finish Primer

Ok, so my skin is not as great as is use to be (guess that's a part of getting older). I use to just be able to apply eyeliner, mascara, a little gloss and go. Now I have freckles (not the cute ones) and a few blemishes. My skin needs a little more to create an even skin tone.

I have noticed that in the middle of the day, I find my makeup prints from my fingers all over my paperwork. How embarrassing!! At the end of the day, my face looks like someone has slapped grease all over it! Uggghh!

I have tried a couple of moisturizers and primers and there was one that seemed to prevail the others: Smashbox Photo Finish Primer (the Light version).

There are several other versions of the photo finish primer, but this one is ideal for oily, acne-prone or sensitive skin. It contains vitamins and antioxidants to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and pores. The greatest part is that it has oil-absorbers to create a smooth matte finish that lasts all day.

I don't want to sound like a commercial and list every single thing this product does, but it is great!

To test it out, I applied it in the morning (before foundation) and spent the entire day at the NASA Space Center with my daughter and husband. To give you an idea of the day, it was over 100 degress outside, we went on a train tour of the facility (in an open cart train), in and out of buildings, and lots of activities for 5 hours. When I got home at 9 pm, my face was still matte and flawless :).

I tried it out as a sample from Sephora and will be returning to purchase it. Now, it is pretty costly.....$36 but well worth it. No more embarrasing makeup marks on my papers at work!

Tip: It comes in a pump for a reason. All you need is one pump and apply it all over your face. It does not take very much. It's not like lotioning your body, where you feel you need to see it cover the entire skin and rub, rub, rub until it disappears. Don't do that with the primer. Just one pump.

No comments:

Post a Comment